The 7 best FREE green screen software that anybody can use!
Which software is right for me?
Welcome! In this article, we are going to discuss the 7 best FREE green screen video software that you can use to create the best at home videos! Our list is pulled from personal use, data, reviews and analyzing the final outcome.
You will see that each software listed has a level of expertise connected to the name - this can obviously differ depending on your familiarity with video editing and the industry. So take it with a grain of salt!
All of these support great green screen editing effects. All offer different features as well to go along with that. It is all about what you think would benefit the message you are conveying in your videos! Here is our list.
iMovie for macOS- BEGINNER
- Installed on every mac ready to go and use
- It is free
- Easy to use
- Can be used on your iPhone or iPad as well
- It is a very simple software for a reason! It does not have the full capabilities that a professional video software would have but it gets the job done when you need to complete the basics!
VSDC free video editor for Windows - BEGINNER
- Great variety of features
- It is easy to use
- Great format support
- It has a busy interface which can get in the way of using the software. It is also a very simple, easy to use for beginners coming into the editing game so it won’t have as many custom options than say, a professional editing software will
Lightworks - INTERMEDIATE
- It is fast and relatively easy to use
- Has lots of real-time effects
- Great support for a wide range of formats
- Is compatible with both windows and mac
- The free version only lets you export to 720p resolution which is ok. It's very standard. But in this day in age with more advanced tech, it is an extremely average resolution.
- It is not AS friendly for Apple product users as it is for Window users
Open Shot - INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED
- It is relatively simple even for an advanced beginner user to use.
- Powerful for the simplicity of the software
- It supports great and popular effects
- Will take some time to get used to. It is not super friendly if you have never used a video editing software
DaVinci Resolve 15 - ADVANCED
- It is easy to use - just spend a bit more time looking into articles and tutorials to make the most of your experience with such a great professional software
- Very flexible interface
- Has advanced video editing tools for anybody
- More customizable settings
- It can be difficult to do simple tasks if you don’t have a powerful enough software
- Because it is an advanced software, it will take time getting used to and understanding
ZS4 Video Editor - ALL LEVELS
- It is an advanced editing software but easy enough to use if you are still starting out
- Has a very friendly interface which makes it easy to use
- Has more than 150 video effects to choose from
- It doesn’t support QuickTime format which is usually the standard for mac and windows
Wax - ALL LEVELS
- Has GREAT green screen effects if that is your main purpose!
- Supports many popular video formats
- You can support various 3D features
- The software itself is outdated so it won’t look as advanced as some of the more current ones that were listed in this.
No matter what software you end up choosing, our awesome Video Growth Lab Backgrounds will look fantastic in your videos! To shop and view more, click HERE